F.R.A.G Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The F.R.A.G Gaming forums until we can buy a proper site.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Poll
Top posters
Apocolyps
Other People in Games Vote_lcapOther People in Games Voting_barOther People in Games Vote_rcap 
MpGrand
Other People in Games Vote_lcapOther People in Games Voting_barOther People in Games Vote_rcap 
flamingtwig
Azack
monk
Sharp
Dragunn
ManGo
Kurokawa
Bouncy bal
Latest topics
» We have a brand new site
Other People in Games EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:20 am by Apocolyps

» Aplications and Jobs
Other People in Games EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:22 pm by monk

» Gaming Possibilities
Other People in Games EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:09 am by Apocolyps

» Weapons - What we have
Other People in Games EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 1:54 am by Apocolyps

» Z - Mod Zombify your game!
Other People in Games EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:11 am by Apocolyps

» F.R.A.G. Biohazard
Other People in Games EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 5:59 am by Apocolyps

» Biohazard - Voice acting
Other People in Games EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 3:21 am by Apocolyps

» Work with Treyarch
Other People in Games EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:04 pm by MpGrand

» difficulties?
Other People in Games EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 11:41 am by Apocolyps

Affiliates
free forum
Other People in Games 1zd6q0w

Other People in Games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MpGrand

MpGrand

Other People in Games Empty
PostSubject: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 8:35 am

Can we have friendly AI? that does the mission with you and shoots the bad guys, and the bad guys try to shoot them.

is this possible??

MpGrand
Back to top Go down
monk

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:22 am

Complicated... To make a guy thats on your side, isnt too good to take all the kills, but is smart enough that can handle itself and not have the player shouting at it could be a problem that id like to work on....

Monk
Back to top Go down
MpGrand

MpGrand

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:28 am

so easier to just not have them?

lol ok
Back to top Go down
monk

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:29 am

Easier, but not as good fun or realistic =) Plus, i wouldnt mind the challenge.

Monk
Back to top Go down
MpGrand

MpGrand

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:46 am

why dont you go try and code a quick game??? and see if you can get them to work? or something.

i would like them also, but i want to make it easier for you guys. =)
Back to top Go down
Apocolyps
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:03 am

The allies at the moment are very crazy in the style. It doesnt look very realistic so i tend to leave them out. Only hostages which follow you after you have rescued them work to a decent standard.
Back to top Go down
https://fraggaming.forumotion.com
monk

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Id do better using a notepad to brainstorm how theyd play before jumping into coding. However, Head Programmer, once we start coding the game, I wouldnt mind working on the AI so that it works better....

Monk
Back to top Go down
Apocolyps
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:32 pm

what language do u know monk. Or what software are you using. ATM i use FPSC for the basic structure, FPI AI coding for extras and DB Pro for unlockables and menus.
Back to top Go down
MpGrand

MpGrand

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:39 pm

F.R.A.G. Head Programmer wrote:
The allies at the moment are very crazy in the style. It doesnt look very realistic so i tend to leave them out. Only hostages which follow you after you have rescued them work to a decent standard.

do the hostages that have been rescued shoot at bad guys? or just follow you and do nothing?
Back to top Go down
Apocolyps
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 2:48 pm

I can set them to either. Basically i set it so that the hostage has same (or a bit less) health then you. When u loose or regain health so does he. This way it seems like he is being attacked as well as you.
Back to top Go down
monk

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:08 pm

DBPro for everything as it seems to be able to do it all....

Monk
Back to top Go down
Apocolyps
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Well with DB Pro the LARGE issue is the security of the CD. If possible could you spend some time looking into creating some keys and having it so that the game will only run if the CD is in?
Back to top Go down
monk

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:18 pm

So like a person who has bought it cant just look up the code?

Monk
Back to top Go down
Apocolyps
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Ye. One code per CD. if multiple codes are on at once then only one will work. This may require some network coding. You may need some help from the TGC community. I will obviously try to help where ever possible as well and will try to work on this aswell.
Back to top Go down
monk

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 3:41 pm

Basically you want one cd key per cd, and that the cd will only run if the cd key matches to the cd...

Could you elaborate what you mean by
Quote :
if multiple codes are on at once then only one will work. This may require some network coding.
Do you mean that if two players on the internet have the same cd key, then one will be kicked off?

What about encryption of the stuff on the cd?

Edit:

I have an idea..

When the person inserts the cd and try to run it, the first thing that is run off the cd is an exe that checks the cd key. No cd key, no installation so you cant play. If the cd key is ok, then you can install and play it.
For the cd key, you could have 1 written on the back of the manual (like most games) but instead of the cd checking whether the entered code is character per character the same as the cd key in the case, check whether it is an acceptable cd key ( ie one that follows certain conditions like first number is even...) This would mean that if someone loses their cd key, and has proof of purchase, the cd will still accept new cd keys.

Sorry if thats not clear...

Monk
Back to top Go down
Apocolyps
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:20 am

Ye that would work. We would, however require a first time user to enter the code. Would you like to make the program or not?

We would then need to set it up so that the CD could not have files copied off it or files written/deleted.
Back to top Go down
monk

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:38 pm

As a basic start to the key code checking, what do you think of this.

Possible key combinations are 5 or more digit prime numbers. They could be complicated to guess so try 111533.

It has a file, with two characters which indicate whether the key code has been entered and accepted and whether the game has been installed.

Its a start and i have a few ideas which could make it more secure, but let me know what you think.

Monk

Key code
Back to top Go down
Apocolyps
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 1:49 pm

ye its a good idea. If you want you can start with it all. I am going to start after i finish Biohazard. That should be a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
monk

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 2:23 pm

Ill see how far I can take it, but theres not much more I can add to the initial idea...

Monk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other People in Games   Other People in Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Other People in Games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
F.R.A.G Gaming :: F.R.A.G. Aspects :: Level Design :: Other-
Jump to: